Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The BIG 2-1



Saturday was my 21st birthday...big I know. So to celebrate Coby, my family, and I went down to Thanksgiving Point. Luckily we had impeccable timing and got there in between thunderstorms. Even though it was a little cloudy and chilly the flowers were b-e-a-utiful! Tulips are pretty much my favorite so what more could I want then to spend the day at the tulip festival with some of my favorite people.



Even with all the gorgeous flowers, I think the highlight of the day was our little owl friend. Of course my dad (who could spot a flea a mile away) picked it out from the waterfall rocks. He was pretty rockin.

After Thanksgiving Point we went to Texas Roadhouse where we waited for hours (the food is good but not THAT good people). Coby thought he was pretty sneaky and told the waitress it was my birthday so I got to ride the "birthday saddle". My face definitely turned red..bright red. I think the saddle is for 18 and under...but apparently I look about that so I guess it was OK.

All in all, even with finals and rain, it was nice to sit back, take a break from studying and drink in the day (no pun intended). I loved the flowers, loved the food, but most of all loved the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment