Monday, July 11, 2011

at the park

Saturday evening we decided to take advantage of the nice weather and have a picnic in the park.  We went to Sugarhouse Park because its huge and has a pond with ducks and trees.  On our way out of the apartment one of our neighbors told us if we were going there we had to feed the ducks so we grabbed the bread butts and its a good thing we did cause there were LOTS of ducks to feed including a mama and her new ducklings. 
 
I wish i had a better picture {cell phone cameras...} so you could see their CUTE yellow heads.  I really think I need a pet duckling now.... but this poor mama had 19 little ducklings{we counted}to take care of!!! but oh my they were so stinkin cute and fuzzy following her around!

 My favorite was when she came on shore and they all tried to squish themselves under her wings.  Yup, there are almost 19 baby ducks inside there {one poor guy was wandering around her for a while trying to find a hole to squeeze into} I was dying of laughter and coby kept trying to scare them and disturb their naptime so he could see the little duckies.  the mama was NOT happy but do you blame her? 

It made me pretty grateful that if when I have kids sometime in the next 30 years I only have to have one at a time and not 19 all at once!

2 comments: