A couple of weeks ago I was wasting time at work...not that I ever waste time at work and I came across this cake and I just HAD to try it out. I love baking and I especially love baking for people (that way I don't have to eat it all and I still fit into my pants the next day) so this weekend was perfect. I was a little worried that it wouldn't turn out when I started but I think it was actually a success.
I obviously could use a little practice at the whole cake decorating thing...probably not ready to join the cake boss team... but with Kalei's help I think it turned out alright.
And I'm obviously not a pro at the whole food picture thing (thus the box of Kroger plastic forks in the background) but I don't have a fancy DSLR so it'll have to do. Other than the picture quality I think the cake turned out super cute inside. I was worried it would fall apart when I cut it but it held together really well. I love when I have an excuse to bake up something a little extra special. Thank you holidays!
Okay Martha Freaking Stewart! That is AMAZING!!! Sadly I discovered all the cool 4th of July DIY stuff AFTER the holiday. (I'll be prepared for 2012 though!)
ReplyDeleteThat cake really looks great though, I love it. You did an awesome job (should've saved me a slice.)
This is sooo awesome! Nice work Leisa!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, this is so cool! I totally want to try it!
ReplyDelete